Donald A Moore
Candidate for Common Council President
City of HudsonEXPERIENCE
• ccSCOOP, Columbia County, NY online news publication, 20th Congressional District Special Election coverage reporter and photographer, 2009
• RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE, SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES, ARTS and SOCIAL SCIENCES - Director of Communication 1997-2008
• BARD COLLEGE, Director of Alumni Affairs 1994-1996
• SOCIETY FOR AMERICAN ARCHEOLOGY, Executive Director 1993-1994
• AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF MUSEUMS, Deputy Director for Programs 1990-1992
• DANCE/USA Executive Director 1982-1990
• NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE ARTS, Congressional Liaison; Deputy Chairman 1977-1982
• FEDERAL COUNCIL ON THE ARTS AND HUMANITIES, a White House Inter-agency Task Force, Deputy Chairman 1980-1981
• US REP. JOHN BRADEMAS (D-IND), Press and Legislative Aide to the Chief Deputy Minority Whip 1973-1977
BARD COLLEGE, Bachelor of Arts in American Literature
Development, implementation, and management of a range of communication, marketing, and fund development initiatives that enhance organizational strength and service delivery.
• Program, staff, and board development
• Fundraising strategy and implementation for projects, operations, and capital campaigns
• Communication Strategies for public awareness and membership development
• Print and web information design, text, and photographs
• Conference and event organization and administration
CURRENT: Vestry Member and Officer of Christ Church Episcopal Hudson.
FORMER: Board Member of the American Arts Alliance. Treasurer of the Board of the Deep Listening Institute. Author of opinion articles in The Washington Post and The Chronicle of Philanthropy. Member of the Bard College Alumni Association Board of Governors. Co-Chair of the Christ Church Poughkeepsie $425,000 church capital campaign. Member of the Organizing Committee of the Dancing For Life AIDS Benefit at Lincoln Center. Volunteer at World Trade Center site after 9-11 preparing meals for firefighters and work crews. Co-Organizer of the After 9-11 Workshops and Speaker Series for students at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Co-Chair of Annual Capitol Hill Public Schools 10K Race. Guest Lecturer on the needs and conditions of the arts for the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, American University, University of Tennessee, and George Washington University. Consultant to the National Endowment for the Arts; the American Assembly colloquium on The Arts and Public Policy; and consulting editor for the Journal of Arts Management and the Law.